Esko Mastering is a custom-made studio housed within a converted barn in the woods of Janakkala, southern Finland. Mastering Engineer Robin Sutherland built and operates the studio, which features stunning acoustics designed by Finnish acoustician Janne Riionheimo.
The favorable location and dimensions allowed for a room to be built without sacrificing acoustics for the sake of extreme isolation or limited space. This results in an exceptional sounding and comfortable environment, perfect for both in-person and remote mastering sessions.
Services available for Vinyl, Streaming , CD and iTunes.
Equipment – Jan 2023
- ATC SCM110ASL Pro – 3 way active reference monitors.
- Neumann W495STB EQ.
- Masalec MPL-2
- Ruper Neve Designs Master Bus Processor
- DAOC – Custom Valve, optical compressor.
- Barry Porter ‘NetEQ’ Mastering EQ.
- Pultec/Neve MS EQ – Custom built passive eq
- Conversion by Benchmark + Arda + RME
- Custom, passive transfer and monitor controller.
- DAT, DSD, 1/2 & 1/4inch analogue tape playback options
- Plugins by Universal Audio
– DMG Audio
– Tokyo Dawn Labs– Izotope